All recruits must go through the challenge of completing Marine Corps boot camp before earning the title of U.S. Marine. It all starts on the yellow footprints and the doors with the text “Through These Portals Pass Prospects For America’s Finest Fighting Force”, then after months of molding by hardened Drill instructors recruits earn the title of Marine upon completion of the Crucible.
This coin honors the recruits that were tested and trained by the 4th Battalion Drill Instructors and Staff. This coin belongs in the collection of any Fourth Recruit Training Battalion Marine that endured the sand fleas and sandy marches that come with Parris Island, South Carolina.
- FRONT: Full color 4th Recruit Battalion logo
- FRONT VERSE TOP: November – Oscar – Papa
- FRONT VERSE BOTTOM: Parris Island
- REVERSE: Eagle, Globe & Anchor with red center and black perimeter
- REVERSE VERSE: United States Marine Corps – Est. 1775
- 1 3/4″ diameter
- Antique Bronze finish